The Open Bioinformatics Foundation has hosted a number of mail lists for specific Bio* projects like Biopython, BioPerl, Biojava, Bioruby, and EMBOSS. Over the last 3-4 months the mailing lists have been severely hindered due to heavy spam emails to the OBF Mailman instance. We're now actively migrating to a hosted solution, though this will require shutting down some of the less active lists.
The various Bio* projects are seeking feedback for which mail lists are worth retaining for their specific needs; at the moment we are gathering responses though the project-specific Github trackers:
- BioPerl: https://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-live/issues/258
- Biopython: https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/1481
- Biojava: https://github.com/biojava/biojava/issues/717
- Bioruby: https://github.com/bioruby/bioruby/issues/118
- EMBOSS and general OBF lists (via the main OBF tracker): https://github.com/OBF/obf-docs/issues/42
Feedback is also welcome here! We're hoping to make final decisions on the migration by Dec. 28, 2017.