Hi all, We're hiring for several positions at Healx, we use in-silico analysis (machine learning, computational biology and pharmacology) to repurpose existing drugs for rare diseases. Please see https://healx.io/careers/. Let me know if you have any questions: richard.smith [at] healx.io
Metabolomics Data Scientist
Location: Castle Park, Cambridge UK
Start date: Immediate start preferred
Salary: A competitive compensation package including share options, subject to experience
Closing date: 18th February 2018
Healx is an award winning Cambridge based biotechnology company committed to radically reducing the time it takes to deliver novel drug treatments into clinical practice. Healx is implementing disruptive drug repurposing technologies to improve therapeutic choice for patients with rare diseases. There are over 7,000 rare diseases that affect over 350 million people worldwide, most of which lack effective treatments. Healx works closely with patient groups and biotech companies to help those patients in need.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a motivated computational biologist or data scientist to join the bioinformatics team and extend Healx’s portfolio of metabolomics based personalised medicine and drug repositioning capabilities.
You will support our patient group clients by developing Healx’s in silico drug discovery solutions, using a variety of innovative metabolic modelling approaches
Skills and experience
You will be an experienced computational scientist, molecular informatician or metabolic data analyst with a proven track record of developing algorithms and performing biochemical pathways data analysis. You will have a strong mathematical background. You will share a passion for translational research and a desire to improve human health.
- Experience in metabolic modelling, for example COBRA toolbox and Flux Balance Analysis-based techniques and results interpretation
- Expert user of mathematical and statistical programming languages (such as Matlab, R and Python)
- Linear programming and optimization methods
- Graph theory and network analysis
- Accomplished translator of scientific ideas to code, and tools developer
- Biochemical pathways analysis
- Experience working with ‘omics data types, including gene expression, protein, and metabolite quantification
- Excellent communication skills
We are looking for enthusiastic software developers, informaticians and biomedical scientists who are keen to contribute novel ideas and help us rapidly expand.
Healx will provide you with support and guidance to help you do your best work and make an impact. We offer flexible working and believe in maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.