Your tasks and responsibilities
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist. Passionate about bringing biology and IT together in creative solutions? Take a closer look at this interesting challenge!
In our international and enthusiastic team, we’re driven by enabling our colleagues to make data-driven decisions. With your expertise in computational life sciences and a very good understanding of biology, you’re motivated to create bridges to help solving complex issues in our research department. You will have the opportunity to use your expertise to counsel and lead projects.
You will work in collaboration with molecular breeders, statisticians, biologists, and IT engineers across Bayer. Here we contribute in developing hybrid varieties with traits and characteristics to face future challenges in different climates, growing conditions and cultural preferences. You will demonstrate leadership in driving projects forward.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Solve complex problems with original thinking and deductive reasoning and the application of scientific principles to the design and interpretation of scientific experiments.
- Develop innovative software solutions for large data challenges within the organization.
- Take initiative in keeping current with literature in areas of assignment and in areas of professional interest.
- Contribute to research projects, technologies, publications, intellectual property or trade secrets.
- Take primary or shared project responsibility of a complex nature, interact with other departments and assume supervisory responsibility as needed.
Who you are
- PhD or Master/Bachelor with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics with applications in (plant) breeding or plant biology and the technologies used in the seed industry.
- You have a thorough understanding of the Linux operating system and are proficient in R and Python.
- Experience in NGS data analysis and genome assembly/ annotation
- Team player with strong communication skills and result driven.
- Experience in collaborating with professionals from different cultural backgrounds.
- Self-motivating individual with excellent interpersonal skills and good customer focus.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Fluent in English.
For applying and more information see here: