This is a hands-on position, responsible for the architecture and technology over site of product design and development for multiple large scale SaaS web-based applications and distributed systems. You will also serve as the evangelist of the architectural vision, strategy, and principles to internal staff, customers, and executive leadership. Additionally, since you will be working on architecture of key components of our core technology and knowledge platform, you will have the unique opportunity to significantly impact the success of our products and solutions. You will work cross-functionally with the software engineers, quality engineers, operations engineers, ontologists, scientists, customer support, and product management. You will provide technical direction for building collaborative, high value, easy to use customer facing applications.
- Provide technology direction and solutions to complex business problems, requiring sound architectural and software engineering background, strong technical leadership and background in highly scalable web based consumer applications development.
- Translate complex business initiatives into innovative technology solutions.
- Define architectural vision and direction of enterprise-wide solutions.
- Ensure architectural consistency across multiple application solutions.
- Establish and enforce software development coding standards and best practices.
- Understand business domain and business challenges to facilitate and influence business process re-engineering and improvements.
- Work on multiple software projects concurrently and provide technical direction and guidance to technical leads and software engineers through hands-on assistance as well as formal and informal training.
- Create technology road maps in line with business vision and direction.
- Work collaboratively with the other senior technical experts to make technology decisions impacting cross portfolio solutions and implementations.
- Stay current with the evolution of the technology industry, development methodologies and architectural frameworks in relation to overall technology vision, and incorporate new software development technologies/methodologies when appropriate.
- Drive discussions around product content, working closely with Product Management to define product strategy and road map.
- Familiarity with agile execution methodologies.
- Experience designing and building cloud based applications using Agile methodologies.
- Experience designing and building event driven, RESTful micro-services.
- Solid background and experience in JavaEE architectural design and development (large scale web-based SaaS applications).
- Experience in continuous integration and deployment.
- Solid experience in planning, designing, and implementing software architectures and infrastructure in large scale web-based business solutions.
- Experience with cross-platform development methodology.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.