Position: Associate Bioinformatics Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
• Work collaboratively with bench scientists, comprehend project objectives, and evaluate and provide informatics solutions.
• Develop and implement bioinformatics analyses, applications, and workflows to expand our genomics and bioinformatics capabilities.
• Provide Bioinformatics support for company’s RUO services.
• Maintain and improve back-end of cloud-based genomic interpretation system.
• Manipulate publicly accessible, commercial, or proprietary genomic, clinical-related databases.
• Improve user interfaces to bioinformatics software and databases.
• Work closely with IT specialists to build robust infrastructure.
• M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or other related disciplines with 1-3 years of experience required.
• Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or other related disciplines with 0-2 years of experience preferred.
• High programming proficiency in R, Python, Java, or Perl.
• Essential knowledge of key biological processes and NGS technology desired.
• Concrete bioinformatics skills in analysis of data from various omic platforms.
• Experience in building NGS data analysis pipeline.
• Experience in web interface (web frontend) development. Familiarity with bootstrap and python web frameworks like Django/Web2py is a plus.
• Strong background in software development on Linux system.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Please apply through this link: