Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a globally successful pharmaceutical company in its research department Target Discovery Research? You are interested in exploring and analyzing data for early drug discovery? Then please apply for our open vacancy "Data Scientist Early Drug Discovery".
Tasks & responsibilities
- As data scientist you drive data vision, explore and prototype data-driven features for central applications supporting early drug discovery.
- You integrate data from different domains and sources in a reproducible and actionable fashion.
- In addition, you develop and implement concepts to ensure data quality and consistency.
- With your expertise in data science, you develop robust long-term update strategy for internal and external data sources.
- One of your key tasks and responsibilities is the development and implementation of a data strategy for early drug discovery.
- PhD in Data Science, bioinformatics or a related area
- Profound know-how on data for drug discovery, incl genetics, transcriptomics, proteomics, biochemical, biophysical, protein data, patient, pathway and network data
- Know-how and practical experience (design and coding) in integrating data from heterogeneous public domain, commercial and proprietary data
- Familiarity with ontologies, nomenclatures, metadata concepts as well as cloud computing , NoSQL databases, SQL, Python, R
- Know-how in analytics and machine learning, including analysis of unstructured data
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Collaborative, creative, solution oriented, and willing to work in an agile environment and to accept uncertainties, able to develop and drive strategies
Please submit your application online: https://tas-boehringer.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=186202&lang=en
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry's top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities. We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services: Mrs. Yue Pan, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54 188546
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the "share" button at the bottom of the page.