A 2/3-year postdoctoral position in bioinformatics group of Dr. Guan Ning Lin (bmi.sjtu.edu.cn) at SJTU (http://en.sjtu.edu.cn/) is open to applicants with solid computational biology/systems biology/bioinformatics/statistics/genetics backgrounds who are interested in applying their experience to study psychiatric disorders. The position is available immediately.
The focus of the project is to utilize heterogeneous high-throughput datasets (WES, WGS, RNA-Seq, proteomics) to discover druggable networks and pathways involved in the brain disorders.
- Qualified candidates must have a PhD and a demonstrated strong ability in bioinformatics, systems biology, sequence analyses, network analyses or genetics including expertise in high-throughput data analyses, such as RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, CLIP-Seq, epigenomics, NGS, proteomics.
- Have Strong programming skills, such as Python, Java, R and Unix/Linux shell. The candidate should also be familiar with NGS algorithms and tools, such as Bowtie, cufflinks, BWA, STAR, RSEM, UCSC Genome Browser, samtools, bedtools, vcf-tools etc.
- Candidates with the knowledge of machine learning (deep learning, SVM and Bayesian inference) will be prioritized.
- Candidates have strong publication record (at least one first-author publication is required) will be prioritized.
- Excellent in English both in writing and speech.
- Qualified candidate should demonstrate the ability for independent and critical thinking, excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Terms of employment
- Successful applicants will be granted post-doctoral level welfare, basic annual salary RMB 180,000 (US$28500, negotiable) with performance-based bonus.
- Successful applicants shall service a Full-time post-doctoral research contract for no less than 3 years. After 3 years on post-doctoral position, with outstanding scientific achievements and fulfilled requirements of the university, it is possible to submit a tenure-track position application for university assessment.
- Handle the settlement according to the post-doctoral management policy of Shanghai.
- We encourage and support postdoctoral researchers to apply for “postdoctoral innovative talent support programs”, “postdoctoral science funds”, and other national and/or local science and technology programs and postdoctoral funding programs.
Please send a resume and a brief statement summarizing research interests and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .