Hands-on Training in Metagenomics Data Analysis
October 16 - 19, 2018
National Institutes of Health
9000 Rockville Pike
Building 60, Room 162
Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
This training will introduce participants to the end-to-endsolutions for analyzing metagenomic data, starting from data quality analysis, alignment, community profiling, taxonomic comparison and novel taxa discovery.
Hands-on Skills/Tools Taught
- Processing and Analysis : mothur, FLASh
- Analysis : Permanova
- Analysis : ANOSIM
- Marker analysis : LEfSe
- Marker analysis : QIIME
- Functional analysis : PICRUSt
- Metagenomics analysis : A5miseq
- Contig annotation : MEGAN
- Functional analysis : bioBakery
- Advanced visualizations : phyloseq
- Network analysis : Cytoscape
- Participants will work with a Graphic User Interface based Linux Desktop environment in the Amazon Cloud, that is specially configured to run popular open source metagenomics analysis tools.
- Participants will be provided with free access to the fully configured Amazon Machine Image for their personal use after the training.
- Participants will also receive a cookbookstyle manual for all the handson exercises.
- After training support is also provided through exclusive members only forum.
For more information and registration, please visit the following page; Information and Registration