Computational Biologist position
The LifeBytes Consulting is seeking a highly motivated Computational Biologist with diverse skill base to join our R&D team in Omic data analysis. LifeBytes provides wide range of bioinformatics services including next-generation sequencing (NGS), bioinformatics tools, database development and omic data integration. We are looking for a PhD level candidates to join our team to work on exciting research projects.
In the new role you will:
- Develop and implement methodologies and tools as needed, keeping abreast of industry trends and new technologies, and recommending potential solutions based on the latest technical developments.
- Lead projects as the principal bioinformatician to ensure they are managed in a timely and efficient manner, appropriately documented, and provide follow up support services after initial project completion.
- Provide analysis support for research in NGS data (e.g. genomic, transcriptomic, epigenomic, metagenomic) analysis and further interpret the results with high-end statistical or integrative approaches.
- Analyze, interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of studies with clients as part of the planning process for subsequent studies.
- Communicate with clients and help them strategically plan the project initially.
- Author documentation of samples, data and project details and also user guides, documentation of scripts/pipelines developed for the same.
- Provide automation-related technical expertise as a member of a cross-functional team.
- You will use the community best practices, to prototype, develop, execute, test and roll out production level Bioinformatics analysis pipelines.
To be fit for this role you need the following:
- Candidates should have a Ph.D., in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology/any life science domain with demonstrated experience in bioinformatics & programming [PhD is mandatory].
- Candidates with papers published in reputed journals which exhibits the capabilities of data analysis skills.
- Functional fluency in at least one programming language like Perl/Python/Ruby.
- Experience in R and Shell scripting, ideally to the level of handling NGS datasets.
- Experience in analyzing large volume datasets of various NGS application data.
- In-depth knowledge in setting up workflows and performing the analysis such as variation calling, structural variants, epigenomics, metagenomics and integrating multiple applications data.
- Experience in one of the following will be given priority: mathematical modeling, statistics, multi-omics integrative analysis, machine learning experience or knowledge in interpreting biological data.
- Excellent team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write well and, a strong interest in biology (for computer scientists) is highly desired.
- Basic/Advanced experience in any of the following: MySQL or web designing or Java or Structural bioinformatics.
In your new role you will get:
- Highly competitive salary, 8-15 lakhs/annum, depending on the experience/skills.
- To work on variety of highly reputed lab’s NGS related projects, multi-omics and improve your exposure.
- Training and guidance in the areas that you might need improvements.
- Exciting on-site opportunity with regular international visits for client interaction and training.
Start date: Jan 2019
Job Location: Bangalore, India
How to Apply
Please send Cover Letter, your CV and a one page statement of research interests to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
LifeBytes India PvtLtd
Bioinformatics service provider
Bangalore, KARNATAKA – India