SUMMARY: The Genetic Counselor is a full time position under general supervision of chief medical officer that provides genetic counseling to patients and their families.
- Review family medical history, interprets information concerning genetic disorders, explains risks and advises patient of the importance of informing family members of risks.
- Work with Chief physician, provides genetic counseling to risk patients and their families.
- Communicates with team in assessing appropriate genetic testing, and/or screening and management recommendations.
- Coordinates genetic testing. counseling and testing results visits. Utilizes available risk management models and decision trees to determine risk and prior probabilities for patients seeking genetic testing
- Prepare all clinical documentation records securely respecting confidentiality and privacy of patients.
- Collaborates with staff in developing recommendations regarding screening and management of risks.
- Assists families and patients with insurance pre-authorizations for each test ordered
- Monitors data for trends indicating timeliness of service, volumes requiring additional genetic counseling resources.
- Generate proof of medical necessity letters
- Participates in clinic visits, conferences and boards as appropriate based specified area of focus
- Monitor current trends indicating timeliness of service, volumes requiring additional genetic counseling resources.
Preferred Skills might also include:
- Previous Training and knowledge in human genetics
- Previous Experience working in the biopharmaceutical sector
- Previous Training in computational biology
More information about The Regeneration Center
Please visit the careers page for more information and to apply online
Interested candidates can email their CV to jobs[@]stemcellthailand.org