A 2-year postdoctoral position is open effective immediately in Dr. Barakat’s lab at the University of Alberta, Canada. This postdoctoral fellow will work in a multidisciplinary drug discovery research environment targeting protein-protein interactions and membrane proteins.
Required qualifications and skills:
- A PhD in physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or similar is required.
- Solid experience with molecular dynamics simulations & familiarity with at least one of the software packages for atomistic biological simulations, such as AMBER, NAMD, GROMACS is recommended. An experience with nonclassical MD simulations (e.g. SMD, ABF, accelerated MD) is an asset.
- Experience in molecular docking.
- Experience in shell and python scripting is required.
- Experience in binding free energy calculation is required.
Please send your CV and cover letter directly to Dr. Marawan Ahmed firstname.lastname@example.org