An exciting new opportunity for a researcher within Computational Biology has recently become available. Working as part of a world leading animal nutrition company based in Austria you will join a growing team, utilizing your strong technical experience to support farm animal nutrition and health. Location Tulln, close to Vienna.
The BIOMIN Digital Lab Research Team is developing computational next- and third-generation sequencing based approaches, and is implementing innovative strategies (metagenomics, transcriptomics and whole multiomics approaches) to explore the relationship between the gut microbiome, the animals host gene expression and animal performance. You will work closely with scientific experts in microbial ecology and animal nutrition, and will be involved in developing robust data pipelines and machine learning models to deliver new insights from experimental data.
Required skills detailed below.
Details and Application through: http://career.erber.group/career/Bioinformatics-Data-Scientist-eng-j692.html
- A proven background in data science, computational biology or bioinformatics (MSc, PhD), or similar qualifications
- Demonstrated expertise in working with next-generation sequencing (NGS) data (omics) and/or third generation sequencing (nanopore sequencing)
- Proven proficiency in programming (in, e.g. Python, Bash, R)
- Experience in development of machine learning models using biological sequence data
- Proficiency in Linux (proficiency in MS Azure being an advantage)
- Solid background in statistics and experimental design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English