As a Bioinformatician, you will perform research activities for data analysis method development in network medicine, computational systems biology and food science aiming to identify natural compounds with health effects. Are you ready to collaborate closely with food scientists, data scientists, and experimentalists to facilitate translation of methods?
Your day-to-day may include things like:
- implementing, developing and optimizing algorithms
- downloading, aligning, and disambiguation of data from public databases
- analysis of mass-spectrometry data
- providing written and oral reports on work progress for cross-disciplinary team members
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, data science, computer science, bioinformatics or other health data related field
- Experience navigating, interpreting, and cleaning biological data
- Experience with algorithm design, statistics and machine learning
- Experience and expertise required include: Statistics/Machine learning: R, Python, Matlab Programming languages: C#, Python, Matlab
Why join Foodome, Inc.?
You have a strong passion for pushing the boundaries of knowledge. You have some exposure to exploring novel applications of cross-disciplinary methodologies to solve problems for real people. You are excited about the prospect of applied science and technology to explore the foods that you eat everyday. You love working with people outside your own field and understand the benefits of being able to translate data and findings into meaningful results.
About Foodome, Inc.
Foodome Inc. is a venture-backed startup using food, data, and network science to understand the connection between diet and disease to empower people and brands to take steps toward understanding what is really on our plates.
Since 2003, our founders have been building the map of human disease biology. Their discoveries began to explain how proteins expressed from the human genome interact to cause specific diseases leading us to explore the dark matter of food.
Foodome Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply, please email a CV or resume to careers [at] foodome.co