On https://www.pei.de/DE/service/karriere/stellenangebote/stellenangebote-node.html look for job ID: 505
At the next possible starting date, we are looking for a
Postdoctoral Fellow (m/f/d) Bioinformatics
About the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut
We are a senior federal authority responsible for vaccines and biomedicines that performs scientific research in the field of life sciences. Our institute networks with national and international players which makes it a competent partner for the general public, science, medicine, politics, and economics.
Your Key responsibilities
- Phylogenetic and genomic analysis of publicly available SARS-CoV-2 genomes
- 3D modelling of target site interactions
- Processing and analysis of whole genome DNA-seq data and single-cell RNA-seq data extracted from human cell culture
- Development and improvement of methods for the processing and analysis of biological data
- Exploratory data analysis and visualisation of complex data sets
- Integration of data from external databases
- Interaction and collaboration with researchers
Our Essential criteria for applying
- Masters degree in biology, bioinformatics, bio-statistics, bio-technology, or computer science (or equivalent)
- PhD in biology, bioinformatics, bio-statistics, bio-technology, or computer science (or equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of R and/or Python or show demonstrable skill in some other programming language
- A good knowledge of homology modelling methods and protein-small molecule interactions
- A good knowledge of Linux and high-performance computing (HPC)
- A good knowledge of statistical methods
- Familiarity with statistical evaluation methods for biological data sets
- The ability to work independently as well as tenacity and curiosity in approaching challenges
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good English language skills, both spoken and written
A stable, multifaceted, and challenging position centrally located in the Rhine-Main area (Frankfurt) with good public transport connections (motorways/highways, airport, and fast commuter train). Being an employer in the German public service, we offer the usual social benefits such as annual payment supplement, employer’s pension scheme, and special contributions to a particular statutory savings scheme (Vermögenswirksame Leistungen).
The successful candidate will be employed until 31.12.2022. Part-time working is possible in principle. The payband is E 14 TVöD (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst, Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Public Service), Part III of Annex 1 of TVEntgO Bund (Tarifvertrag über die Entgeltordnung des Bundes, Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Pay System of the Federal German Public Service). The assignment to a payband is made based on the consideration of your individual professional experience. Disabled candidates will be given preference if their skills and qualifications are equivalent to those of non-disabled candidates. The Paul-Ehrlich-Institut encourages gender equality and life-work balance, especially in respect to the family. For this purpose, we have various employment models to offer including flexible working hours (different forms of part-time work, flexible working from home, teleworking, no core time), child care facilities, internal and external communication platforms, and various opportunities for further professional training. For more information, please visit our website.
Please send your application containing your job related education, experience and skills to our job application portal ("blue button") by 30.08.2020 indicating Job ID 505. Additionally, please send sample programming code from a previous project and contact information for at least two referees.
If you do not have sample code, you are invited to complete the coding challenge at https://github.com/paul-ehrlich-institute/binf-unit-coding-challenge and submit the solution.
For questions related to the job, please contact Mrs. Peters (E-Mail: email@example.com, Telefon: +49 6103/77-1143) indicating Job ID 505.
We look forward to your job application.