Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research performed at the Institute in the areas of biotechnology and materials engineering. These technologies, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the corresponding industries. The Center is located on a historical campus of Pracze in Wroclaw in Southwestern Poland. It currently employs more than 250 scientists and support staff in four Centers: Materials Science and Engineering, Biotechnology, Biomedicine (including state of the art Biobank), and well-equipped Core Facility.
PORT is seeking Bioinformatician (Computational Biologist) in Neuroscience
nr ref. B/MS/2020
A position is available in the new team which will start at the dynamically growing Biotechnology Center at Łukasiewicz-PORT in the fall 2020. We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher to broaden our think-tank. The ideal candidate has a proven track record evidenced by prior publications and is capable of independent and ‘out of the box’ thinking. This position provides a great opportunity for employing your computational experience to a rich collection of our unique experimental data, to facilitate your quick personal growth and create an immediate scientific impact.
- Establishing work pipelines for data analysis originating from various models (iPSC, human samples, transgenic mice).
- Interpretation of own -omics data (RNAseq, metabolomics, ...) and their integration with published resources, to validate original findings in the context of cell type and disease (e.g. GSEA).
- Pathway analysis to decipher signaling pathways affected by a disease state or targeted genetic manipulation (e.g. IPA).
- Keeping an industry-standard work documentation.
- Staying up to date with modern analysis approaches in the field.
- Scientific duties in your background methods.
- PhD in bioinformatics (acceptable is M.Sc. supported by a track record of relevant papers).
- Experienced to work with -omics data.
- Knowledge of different data formats, scripting and programming languages.
- Knowledge of statistical methods in the context of biological systems
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Internal drive to learn new skills.
- Professional level of English.
- Experience with high-throughput screening methods is an advantage
What we offer:
- Full Time contract at the position of Senior Specialist in R&D Department.
- Competitive salary and social benefits.
- Scientific and organizational support.
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment.
- Contact with broad network of international collaborators within academia and top pharma companies.
Candidates are requested to submit:
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- 1-2 reference letters
Please send your resume via:
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same.
I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data."