Senior Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist (100%) - Ref.: IOB063
The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking a highly motivated Senior Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist to work as a data analyst in IOB.
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innovations in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged, and your knowledge expanded.
IOB uses state of the art single cell genomics and epigenomics techniques to both understand vision and test therapies aimed to restore vision. In the role as Senior Bioinformatician, you will bring in your expertise to support our molecular research teams across the institute.
- Analyse single cell RNA and DNA sequencing and related genomics data sets;
- Organize sequencing data and maintain metadata information;
- Develop pipelines to automate commonly used workflows;
- Teach computational biology techniques to PhD students;
- Collaborate closely with members of IOB Groups and Platforms.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related quantitative discipline;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in single cell sequencing data analysis;
- Expertise in Python and/or R and fluency in Unix/Linux;
- In depth knowledge of common sequencing technologies;
- Enthusiasm for teaching computational techniques to PhD students;
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and workflow management tools;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com by October 30th, 2020. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writing the reference number (IOB063) on the subject line. For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch or contact Dr. Cameron Cowan (firstname.lastname@example.org).