HISAT2/StringTie/Ballgown for Novel Transcript Isoform Differential Expression
0
0
Entering edit mode
12 months ago
ra711 • 0

I ran some mm9 data through the HISAT2/StringTie/Ballgown RNA-seq pipeline recently and went through the listed protocol HISAT2/StringTie/Ballgown Protocol. When I used Ballgown, I was not able to identify any novel transcript isoforms as compared with Table 3 from data analyzed in the linked paper. The first thing I tried was to use no filter, but that did not work. I am wondering if there was an issue in how I fed the data into Ballgown in terms of my experimental conditions?

My experiment consists of two experimental levels. The first being a genotype of SMAD4 KO or WT. The second being a treatment of either TGF-beta, BMP, or Ctrl. In total, I have six experimental groups.

Right now I have the following lines of code when trying to analyze the differential expression of the genes and transcripts.

DE by transcript

results_transcripts <- stattest(bg_mm9, feature='transcript', covariate='genotype', adjustvars=c('treatment'), getFC=TRUE, meas='FPKM')

DE by gene

results_genes <- stattest(bg_mm9, feature='gene', covariate='genotype', adjustvars=c('treatment'), getFC=TRUE, meas='FPKM')

I appreciate any advice or guidance. Please let me know if you think there might be any issues besides the experimental grouping/leveling that is preventing me from getting novel transcript isoforms as found in Table 3 of the linked Nature protocol paper. Thank you so much.

RNA-Seq Ballgown HISAT2 StringTie isoform • 508 views
ADD COMMENT
0
Entering edit mode

Please use the formatting bar (especially the code option) to present your post better. I've done it for you this time.
code_formatting

Thank you!

ADD REPLY

Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 1417 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6