applications are now open for our course "Unix and shell scripting for bioinformatics", which will be delivered remotely on April, 26th-30th.
Course website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/unix/
In this course, students will be introduced to the most powerful Unix commands and they will learn how to connect to external resources/servers, install specialist tools and ultimately to combine commands into scripts for automation and reproducibility. Hands-on sessions will focus on applying those tools to process biological data, explicitly next-generation sequencing (NGS) data.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of Unix and shell scripting. Since most examples will be focused on biological data, some background in biology is desired.
1) Mastering most popular Unix commands
2) Creating and editing files using the command line
3) Processing large files using Unix and bash scripting
4) Automating bioinformatics pipelines by writing shell scripts
5) Managing system tasks and resources usage
Here is the full list of our courses and Workshops: https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org