The Bioinformatics Core (BIC) at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) in New York City (Manhattan) facilitates scientific discoveries by supporting basic and clinical research groups. BIC is responsible for building training programs, research project support, web-based tools, and database integration of genomic, pathway and clinical information. More information about the Bioinformatics Core is available at https://www.mskcc.org/research/ski/core-facilities/bioinformatics.
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Engineer to perform next-generation sequence data processing and analysis in a dynamic and exciting academic environment at the nexus of cancer biology, computer science, statistics and clinical research. Work will be performed in a small group atmosphere with active collaborators and in concert with other Bioinformatics and Software Engineers throughout the institution.
You will design, develop, and operate computational pipelines for the analysis of next-generation sequencing data. Work will include both large-scale projects and small custom jobs and span a wide variety of analysis problems.
- Motivated to apply their skills to translational research
- Someone who enjoys working in a team, but can work independently
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and solve problems
- Master's degree and 5 years of Bioinformatics software development or equivalent experience.
- Strong computational/programming skills; including thorough experience with the following:
- UNIX environment
- Clustered computing: (LSF familiarity strongly desired)
- Next-generation analysis toolkits (PICARD, GATK, samtools, etc.)
- Advanced skills in at least 2 programming languages (Python, Perl, Java, C++, R)
- Familiarity with statistical packages like R, multi-processing/threading methods, and workflow/pipeline tools desirable
Competitive compensation packages, Sick Time, Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel, Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting, Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care, 403b Retirement Savings Plan Match, Tuition Reimbursement, Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance, Commuter Spending Account, Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program, Resource Networks, Life Insurance & Disability, Remote Flexibility
Our Hiring Process
For more details and to apply, please click this link: https://careers.mskcc.org/jobs/job-details/2021-46900-bioinformatics-engineer-bioinformatics-core/