The Marth Laboratory at the Boston College Biology Department has an open position for a Software Engineer. The successful candidate will join a computational biology lab developing tools for large scale DNA sequencing data analysis. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Flexible and stimulating working environment.
This position is primarily for developing cutting-edge HTML5 web applications for data visualization and data analysis, as well as building websites with custom dynamic content. Additionally, the applicant will have the opportunity to develop computational and statistical sequence analysis tools for a variety of platforms including UNIX.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or scientific field, or comparable experience
- Strong programming background with experience in multiple languages
- Familiarity with UNIX software development
- Interest in visualization
- Interest in scientific statistics
- The most important requirement is a drive to learn new skills, develop creative applications, and perform well in a cutting-edge academic computational tool development group.