The Production Analysis Group at Icahn Institute for Genomics and MultiScale Biology develops applications used by 50+ faculty members and analyzes hundreds of patients’ genomic data to produce better understanding of disease and its complexity in a multi-dimensional space. The team’s work directly affects the core research performed at Icahn Institute and drives a significant portion of production grade software development.
We’re seeking a Software Engineer to join the Production Analysis team. A person in this role will work on scaling, sanitizing, and normalizing diverse datasets into meaningful structured data and connections within the various code bases from various research labs. If you’re excited by the idea of building out a richly connected application that every researcher and/or research teams can contribute to and also make meaningful insights of bigData generated from patients in a fast-paced healthcare environment, you might be the person we’re looking for.
- Create applications using java/scala, python and C++
- Reverse engineer existing code bases, optimize and integrate into the main production code base
- Work closely with the various research teams to build out APIs that they can use to contribute to and use the main production code base
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Document the code in detail
- Work with AWS and our existent high performance compute infrastructure (hpc.mssm.edu)
- BSc/Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of Perl, Python and Java
- Basic scripting knowledge and working knowledge of UNIX based systems
- Knowledge of relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases a plus, eg. MongoDB
- Knowledge of code versioning systems required ( eg. Git )
- Experience with high performance compute clusters a plus
- Experience with job schedulers a plus ( eg. SGE, PBS, Torque/Moab)
- Contribution to open source projects a plus
- Knowledge of agile development cycle a plus
- Knowledge of bioinformatics software suites like GATK, Tuxedo.
- Please send an email to Hardik.firstname.lastname@example.org containing your updated CV and cover letter
- If you have any bitbucket, github etc. public profiles please mention them in your resume Online Application : http://www.mountsinai.org/careers/career-pathways/it-technical/bioinformatician---software-engineer-13-1522786