Northern Genomics is happy to announce an intensive, introductory-level course on analysis of RNA-Seq data.
DATE: March 24-26, 2014 LOCATION: Oslo, Norway
CONTENT: One day of preparatory self-study and three full days of classroom learning, covering:
- Differential expression analysis
- Transcriptome assembly
- Hands-on analysis of example data sets
- Suitable for everyone, no prior experience required
- Personalized training - bring your own data!
- Experimental design considerations
- Includes access to a state of the art online analysis environment
- All tools used are widely available and open source
Brief lectures will give insight into how knowledge can be generated from RNA-seq experiments through rational experimental design, and illustrate how to analyze such data. The focus is on active learning in computer exercises where you apply methods for quality assurance, mapping and assembly, visualization and statistical analysis of RNA-seq data under the guidance of the lecturers. Participants who bring their own data sets will receive tailored guidance.
COURSE ORGANIZERS: The course is developed and taught by Northern Genomics AS, a consulting and training company founded by highly experienced computational and experimental biologists.
COST: The course fee is 1000 EUR, which includes written and online course materials, lunch and refreshments. Group discounts are available.
REGISTRATION: We have received a number of registrations, but we still have a few seats available. To obtain more information and register now, visit http://www.northerngenomics.com