We are inviting applications for a Post-doctoral Research Fellow position at the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology of Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) and Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine of Nanyang Technological University.
We have just established a new research program studying the gut microbiome and neuroscience, and would like to invite applications for a postdoctoral research scientist position. We aim to combine "-omics" approaches (such as gut metagenomics, metabolomics) with neurobiology & behaviour in gnotobiotic mouse models to gain fundamental insights from the behavioural and circuits level to the molecular mechanism. The candidate should have a solid background in bioinformatics and be interested to use multi-omics strategies to unravel microbe-host/ gut-brain interactions in conjunction with wetlab experiments.
- Ph.D. in Biology or relevant disciplines
- Good publication record and scientific writing skills
- Bioinformatics (metagenomics, scRNAseq, metabolomics) skillset preferred
- Animal (mice) handling experience preferred
- Highly motivated and conscientious, able to work flexible hours
- Able to work independently, and also have the ability to work effectively in a team
- Good organisational, verbal and interpersonal skills
For more information, please visit the lab website: www.tanlab.science
Research Assistant and PhD Scholarship opportunities are also available.
Interested applicants should contact Dr. Tan at Tan_Hwei_Ee@imcb.a-star.edu.sg