Rancho Biosciences is seeking a Bioinformatics scientist to provide analytical services in a variety of client-facing roles. Work from home while supporting high impact pharmaceutical, academic and institutional science programs. A proven track record of collaborative and independent contributions to human genomic, transcriptomic and clinical data projects is required. A broad working knowledge of modern software tools and best practice method is also critical. This position is a unique opportunity for an individual to make a real impact on human health alongside our team of curators, computational biologists and data scientists.
- PhD + Postdoc in Bioinformatics, Biology, or related field with 5+ years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Hands-on experience with NGS data and demonstrated expertise in a relevant topic (differential expression, single cell processing and genomic variation skills are in highest demand)
- Amazing communication skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Proficiency in best practice programming with R. Experience with a secondary scripting language (Python or Perl) is also required, but secondary to R.
- Exposure a broad range of public data sources (TCGA, CPTAC, UKBB, GTEx)
- Drive to learn new analysis methodologies and tools
- Independently driven and hard working
- Experience working in a team of multidisciplinary scientists, coordinating work across various roles and developing analysis and engineering code products.
- Experience with writing reports and presenting results to clients
Please email resume to hr@RanchoBioSciences.com