The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbrücke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute's mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-related diseases and developing new strategies for treatment and prevention.
We invite applications for a
starting as soon as possible.
At DIfE, various data are generated as part of our research activities. These include omics-related data, clinical data, and those derived from in vitro and in vivo experiments. To support the researchers, the bioinformatician will ensure a bioinformatic service for interdepartmental data analysis.
- Perform analyses of various data sets from scientific research projects (including genomics, epigenomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics).
- Develop bioinformatic and biostatistical methods and tools and their application
- Participation in the evaluation and documentation of research data
- Collecting and making available complex data sets already collected at DIfE,
- Preparation of scientific publications
- Presentation of research results at conferences and scientific meetings
- Provide bioinformatics advice to researchers on the analysis of large and complex datasets and assist in the execution of these analyses
- Active cooperation with the Data Management Center and the Computational Biology Core Unit of the German Center for Diabetes Research in Munich.
- Very good M.Sc./Diploma degree and doctorate in bioinformatics or in a comparable field (computer science, data engineering, etc.)
- Understanding of research methods used in the life sciences
- Knowledge of scientific data collection and analysis, especially in the field of life sciences
- Knowledge of relevant analysis routines and software (e.g. normalizations, adjustments, data cleaning, data integration, data quality checks, pathway analyses, GSEA, DEG analyses, cluster algorithms, correlations)
- Experience with various presentation methods for scientific data
- In-depth knowledge of at least two relevant programming languages (e.g. R, Python, C#, Java)
- Knowledge of Unix systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of documentation and versioning software (e.g. GIT) is desirable
- High motivation and good communication skills
- Strong service orientation, team spirit and independent working style
- Very good knowledge of the German and English language
.... a lively and interactive environment in life science research, excellent working conditions, close collaboration with our researchers on various issues in human nutrition, and co-authorship in case of significant contribution to scientific publications. In addition, we offer good accessibility by public transport or car and support mobility in the context of the use of public transport (VBB company ticket).
The advertised position is initially limited for 2 years (with an option for extension). Remuneration is according to the collective agreement of the public service of the federal states (TV-L), in accordance with the existing qualifications and professional experience.
The institute promotes professional equality between women and men and is committed to reconciling work and family life. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please send your documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as a single pdf-file with reference nr. 2022_W11_B not later than July 31st, 2022 via e-mail to email@example.com.
For more information please contact:
Dr. Petra Wiedmer
By submitting your application documents, you grant us the right to collect, process and use your personal data exclusively for the application procedure. For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act, please contact the Human Resources and Social Services Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).