Plant Bioinformatician (m/f/d) for analysis of high-throughput OMICS data Field of Work: Data Management, Bioinformatik Location: Einbeck, Lower Saxony, DE Legal Entity: KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA (0001) Contract Type: Temporary Is Full Time?: Yes Onsite/ Remote: Hybrid Working Within Country Job ID: 11101 Make yourself grow!
For our R&D Bioinformatics team we are opening the doors and we are looking for a Working Student (m/f/d) / Intern (m/f/d) or Bachelor / Master Student (m/f/d) to work in the Bioinformatics team within KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA.
The starting date is as soon as possible, and the minimum period of activity is 4 months. The place of work is Einbeck, Niedersachsen but the possibility to work remotely is given based on arrangement.
You will be responsible for:
The generation of high-quality reference genome is crucial in today’s breeding and research environment. Rapid developments in both sequencing and software requires constant testing and benchmarking.
- Generating de novo genome assemblies for several crops using our cutting-edge server infrastructure
- Testing various tools for quality, speed, and resource usage
- Comparing and visualizing/presenting results
- Implementation of computational pipelines
You bring in your interest and first experience:
- Interest in bioinformatics and genomics
- A keen interest in challenging tasks
- Python programming
- Bonus: First experience with workflow management system (Snakemake or Nextflow)
- You use your communication skills confidently in German or English.
This is our offer to you:
We are grateful for your commitment and for this you will receive a fair remuneration In this role you will work together closely with the data integration, IT and breeding teams within KWS, so you have the chance to combine these worlds and advantages As a family-run company we are guided by the values of team spirit, proximity and trust, independence, and vision; this culture is lived in practice thus creating an open and friendly working atmosphere.
We look forward to receiving your online application via our SuccessFactors application system! Please use the "Apply" function in the online application.