The Bioinformatics Lab of McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas solicits applications for Computational Biologist I & II. Experience & Education Required
- Master's or Doctor’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or Statistics.
- Experienced with Linux.
- Experienced with scripting languages such as R and Python.
- Experience with sequencing data preferred.
Candidates will work as part of a team in Center's Bioinformatics Lab to maintain and revise reliable high performance next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis pipeline systems, to process/analyze data in a reliable and timely fashion. Candidates must have good customer service and communication skills with faculty scientists and sequencing core.
- Perform professional work in support of scientific research using technical knowledge of software, software development, networking, and/or hardware in a complex computing environment.
- Perform complex data analysis related to specialized research methodologies and results as assigned.
- Develop and/or modify software to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Develop and maintain complex databases to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Visit us at: https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/bioinformatics-lab/.
Contact: Chao Xing, Ph.D., chao.xing at utsouthwestern.edu