Applications are now open for the 3rd edition of the Physalia course "Unix and shell scripting for bioinformatics"
Dates: ONLINE, 16th-20th of January
In this course, students will be introduced to the most powerful Unix commands and they will learn how to connect to external resources/servers, install specialist tools and ultimately to combine commands into scripts for automation and reproducibility.
Hands-on sessions will focus on applying those tools to process biological data, explicitly next-generation sequencing (NGS) data.
This course assumes no prior knowledge of Unix and shell scripting. Since most examples will be focused on biological data, some background in biology is desired.
- Mastering most popular Unix commands
- Creating and editing files using the command line
- Processing large files using Unix and bash scripting
- Automating bioinformatics pipelines by writing shell scripts
- Managing system tasks and resources usage
Here is the full list of our courses and Workshops: https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/