Advance your research. Understand NGS and analyze sequenced data yourself.
MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
In a nutshell
- Learn the essential computing skills for NGS bioinformatics
- Understand NGS technology, algorithms and data formats
- Use bioinformatics tools for handling sequencing data
- Perform first downstream analyses for studying genetic variation
The purpose of this workshop is to get a deeper understanding in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) with a special focus on bioinformatics issues. Advantages and disadvantages of current sequencing technologies and their implications on data analysis will be discovered. The participants will be trained on understanding their own NGS data, finding potential problems/errors therein and finally perform their first downstream analysis (variant calling). In the course we will use a real-life NGS dataset from the current market leader illumina.
All workshop attendees will be enabled to perform important first tasks of NGS data analysis themselves. The course layout has been adapted to the needs of beginners in the field of NGS bioinformatics and allows scientists with no or little background in computer science to get a first hands-on experience in this new and fast evolving research topic.
- Opening Date of Registration: November 1, 2021
- Closing Date of Registration: December 1, 2022
- Workshop: December 12-14, 2022 (9 am - 5 pm)
- Location: cmt GmbH, Hansastraße 32, 80686 München, Germany
- Language: English
- Available seats: 20 (first-come, first-served)
Registration Fee: 949 EUR (excluding VAT)
Travel expenses and accommodation are not covered by the registration fee.