SNA International Careers Bioinformatics Scientist Data Science Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska
Apply at this Link: https://jobs.jobvite.com/snainternational/job/o9YRifw0
SNA International seeks bright, collaborative Bioinformatics Scientist with a strong work ethic to join our Data Team at the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) in Omaha, NE.
SNA International is a dynamic, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, is a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. With a staff of over 240 scientists, technologists, and business professionals, SNA creates innovative, cost-effective, and reliable forensic and biometric solutions guaranteed to work in the real world.
We are looking for qualified candidates who thrive on the ability to use technology and computer science to study and find solutions in the area of forensics and biology, be a research persistent leader, while continually learning and building knowledge base in an effort to fuel leadership qualities through expertise.
Critical Work Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Perform and provide support in the following areas:
- Algorithm development
- Statistical method development
- Data analysis
- Data processing
- Software design and implementation
- Web application design and implementation
Conduct the following for the CoRA Analytics Application project, an application used throughout the DPAA:
- Development of novel statistical methods for integration into the CoRA Analytics Application
- Development of novel graph theoretic algorithms for data analysis
- Visualization of graph theoretic models of data and graph theoretic algorithm results
- Implementation and/or integration of existing DPAA analytics methods into CoRA Analytics
- Development of the Web application for CoRA Analytics
- Assist with evidence movement duties (internal and external): packaging evidence, labeling evidence containers, and perform evidence transactions in StarLIMS or other programs as required by the lead evidence coordinator.
Streamline data processes for the DPAA Laboratories, including:
- Data cleaning and processing, and development of scripts to parse DPAA data and automate tasks Conducting “big picture” identification of data organization at DPAA and integration of data from external sources
- Conduct Next Generation Sequence (NGS) analysis as needed for DPAA.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the position for which you were hired
Minimum Requirements: emphasized text
- PhD or M.A/M.S. degree in bioinformatics, data analysis, or other relevant field
- Expert knowledge in bioinformatics
- Experience with forensic materials or working in a forensic laboratory is beneficial but not required
- Please submit a resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level.
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV. CVs without a cover letter will not be considered. SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.