At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
CITRE is Bristol Myers Squibb’s research institute in Europe, and our link to the European research community. Informatics & Predictive Sciences at CITRE performs innovative computational research to inform decisions across all stages of drug development. Areas of research include computational and network biology, machine/deep learning, cheminformatics, predictive modeling, patient stratification, and method development for analysis and interpretation of biological data.
Within the Predictive Sciences team at CITRE (Seville, Spain), we seek enthusiastic and exceptional candidates with demonstrated experience performing and leading computational research in the life sciences. Your role will involve initiating and leading successful engagements with internal, academic and biotech partners that really move the needle in improving speed and probability of success of drug development programs. This includes identifying opportunities, forging partnerships but also close and hands-on collaboration on research projects to ensure strategic alignment and high-quality delivery.
- Define and execute scientific projects at the interface of computational research and drug discovery, typically involving external participants
- Understand R&D challenges and identify opportunities for improvement through methodological or technological innovation
- Ensure impactful application of emerging technologies. Design and execute proof of concept studies demonstrating potential of new approaches in a relevant context
- Matrix-manage diverse stakeholders to ensure high-quality project delivery
- Present and publish results, contribute to strategic vision
- Ph.D. in a relevant area, e.g. computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science
- 5+ years of research experience in academia, biotech or industry, strong publication record
- Experience performing and leading computational research in the life sciences, having supervised experimental research a plus
- Expertise in scientific programming languages (e.g., Python, R) and libraries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Verbal and written English language fluency are a prerequisite.