Job Posting #914878
Position: Bioinformatics Analyst
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Medical Oncology and Hematology
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Hours: 37.5 per week
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Bioinformatics Analyst in the Medical Oncology and Hematology Division.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN's five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
The Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, University Health Network requires Bioinformatics Analyst to work with its oncology and hematology clinical trial portfolio. This division runs a broad spectrum of therapeutic trials across all types of malignant disease
- Assist in the NGS data analysis pipelines for variant calling, fusion detection, and differential gene expression analyses and evaluate their performances.
- Assist in the development statistical models and NGS-based assays for measurable residual disease and risk stratification in leukemia from gene panel design to report generation
- Work closely with clinicians to provide technical support for scientific discoveries and model developments.
- Present data, proposals, and publish in conferences and journals.
- At a minimum, a Bachelors degree in bioinformatics, computer science, or statistics/data science
- Minimum 1 plus years of practical and related experience
- Prior experience in next-generation sequence data analysis and other biological data analysis are preferred
- Experience with the application of machine learning/deep learning methods for biological data is preferred
- Experience with leukemia genomics, bioinformatics resources, databases, tools, and high performance computing is an asset
- Prior experience in working in a cloud computing environments is an asset
- Demonstrated programming skills using R, Python, and Perl is a nice to have
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document and communicate scientific data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with a demonstrated track record of success in the team environment
If interested, please apply to: https://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/uhncareers/JobDescription.asp?SiteID=10031&JobNumber=914878