The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI) in Jena is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association. FLI’ s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated age-related diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new approaches in medicine as a way to improve the health of the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
The Core Facility Life Science Computing supports FLI scientists with IT solutions like, e.g., computer hardware (high-performance Linux cluster), scientific software, as well as services of bioinformatics analysis of experimental data. The Core Facility thereby provides an essential contribution to research at the FLI. Work in the bioinformatics section is structured in analysis service for research projects, methods development, advanced training programs as well as networking of bioinformatics expertise within the institute.
Transfer of modern bioinformatics methods into practical applications for the analysis of experimental data
- Method examples: formalization of classification tasks or time series analysis, quantification of splicing variants, practical application of specialized statistical methods
- Extension of bioinformatics analysis pipelines with components of quality control and statistical evaluation
Bioinformatics analysis service on experimental data
- The analysis tasks should serve as an idea source for focus I and illustrate the organizational flow of service processes
- Typical analysis tasks cover expression analysis(RNA-seq and protein MS), functional enrichment, sequence variant analysis, multifactorial modeling and effect analysis
- PhD with a working focus in Applied Bioinformatics
- Broad experience with bioinformatics methods and tools in the omics fields; solid skills in statistical methods
- Experience and interest in conception, programming and optimization of bioinformatics applications
- Advantageous: knowledge in various programming languages; skills in database programming (SQL);integration of ext. data resources (web protocols,XML) etc.
- Very good language proficiency in German or English; communication competency
- Desirable: experience in scientific cooperation projects or project management, at the best experience in a service-oriented working context
- A challenging and responsible position in a newly established Core Facility unit in a motivated team, competent mentoring during the postdoc phase. See also here: https://www.leibniz-fli.de/institute/life-at-the-institute.
- An FLI postdoc network, which promotes interdisciplinary cooperation of scientists at the Beutenberg Campus and supports carreer development.
- The contract conditions will be according to the collective labour agreement for public service employees of the federal states of Germany (TV-L E13), full-time or part-time, initially limited to 2 years, with a possibility of extension.
- Remuneration level TV-L E13 depending on qualifications and experience, additional annual special payment(Christmas bonus), 30 working days of vacation per calendar year, two days off on December 24/31,performance bonus system and attractive company pension plan with the Versorgungsanstalt des Bundes und der Länder (VBL) (Federal and State occupational pension scheme).
- Flexible working time models: flexitime, mobile working, a family-friendly working environment that enables a healthy work-life balance, company health management and dual career option
- Promoting talent is a matter of concern to us: We provide support for various qualification and further training opportunities, digital learning platforms with numerous different online courses can be used
Please apply online through the FLI application portal by 13.08.2023.Applications will be analyzed regarding skills, competences and qualifications. All qualified persons, regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity or other classification protected by law will receive consideration for employment