Dear all, We are thrilled to announce that registrations are open for our Genomic Prediction course. This will equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the field of genome-wide prediction, applicable to humans, plants, and animals.
Dates: 29th January - 2nd February 2024
Location: Online (Open to international participants!)
This course is designed for students, researchers, and professionals eager to explore the intricacies of genomic prediction. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced user, our program has something valuable to offer.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of this course, you will:
- Interpret and calculate genomic breeding values and genomic risk scores
- Comprehend the various steps involved in genomic prediction analysis and implement computer tools to execute them
- Apply cross-validation techniques to estimate the predictive power of genomic data in complex traits, suitable for both human genetics and breeding programs
- Day 1. 2-8 pm Berlin time
Introduction to Genome-wide Prediction in Human genetics and Animal and Plant breeding.
Review of Quantitative genetics.
Linear mixed models.
Genotype imputation procedures.
- Day2. 2-8 pm Berlin time
The‘Curse’ of Dimensionality in large p small n problems.
Resemblance among relatives: Pedigree vs Genomic-based.
Factors affecting Genomic Prediction.
- Day3. 2-8 pm Berlin time
Shrinkage estimation. GBLUP and Kernel-based regression models.
Bayesian alphabet (Methods on SNP regression). Review on post-Gibbs convergence and McMC chains inspection analysis.
- Day 4. 2-8 pm Berlin time
Bayesian alphabet. Machine learning approaches.
Predictive ability metrics: MSE, Pearson and Spearman correlations, AUC-ROC curves, cross validation strategies.
- Day 5. 2-8 pm Berlin time
Workshop on genome-enabled prediction.
For registration and further details, please visit https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/course49b/