These courses may be of interest to bioinformaticians based in Australia.
Bioplatforms Australia and CSIRO are pleased to announce that two Bioinformatics Hands-on Workshops will be run in July in Sydney and Canberra.
3-DAY HANDS-ON INTRODUCTION TO BIOINFORMATICS ANALYSIS OF NGS DATA
1-3 July 2014, BABS, University of NSW, Sydney.
- Introduction to NGS
- ChIPSeq analysis
- RNASeq analysis
- de novo assembly of small genomics
2-DAY HANDS-ON INTRODUCTION TO METAGENOMICS
9-10 July 2014, ANU, Canberra.
- Amplicon target population structure using QIIME
- Whole metagenome shotgun processing using EMBL-EBI Metagenomics Portal
- Whole metagenome shotgun processing using open access software
- Quality control of metagenomic seqence data using FASTQC
- Gene and functional prediction using InterProScan
- Analysis and visualisation of results
- Detecting/Identifying enriched gene processes and functions (GO)
Further information on these courses is available here
Attendance to courses will be via a selection process. To be considered for a place on this course, applicants MUST complete the online application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications close 11 JUNE 2014. Successful applicants will be notified by email on the 13 JUNE 2014.
It would be most appreciated if you could forward this email to any interested parties.
Catherine Shang (Bioplatforms Australia) & Annette McGrath (CSIRO)