Entering edit mode
8.9 years ago
Daniel ★ 3.9k
The Environmental Omics Synthesis Conference #iEOS2014 is being held in Liverpool, UK this year. There includes both talks on the application of -omic technologies to Environmental research, and workshops on bioinformatic analysis of -omics data.
--Abstract submission/registration is closing on the 28th of July--
Our invited keynote speakers are:
- Prof Neil Hall, Co-Director of Centre for Genomic Research, University of Liverpool
- Prof Gerald T. Ankley, United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Prof Margaret (Peg) Riley, University of Massachusetts
The conference starts with technology workshops ran by the NERC Biomolecular Analysis Facility (NBAF) with hands on training sessions on the following topics:
- Gene expression analysis
- Metabolomics workshop
- Population genomics
Main Conference sessions are as follows:
- Session i. Archaeological omics - learning from the past to inform the future
- Session ii. Evolutionary genomics
- Session iii. Meta-omic analysis of biome composition and function
- Session iv. Epigenetic basis of phenotypic plasticity underpinning acclimatisation
- Session v. Systems ecotoxicology
Two optional workshops complete the conference:
- Workshop 1: Application of adverse outcome pathways in risk assessment
- Workshop 2: Biological mechanisms and time series analyses
More information is available at http://environmentalomics.org/ieos2014/ or via @EnvOmicsNERC.
Hope to see you there!