[I know we're mostly bioinformaticians here, but I'm sure there are plenty of us who work closely with someone who might be a good candidate for this]
Eurofins Genomics, one of the leading providers of genomic services in the US and globally, is seeking a strong candidate with proven laboratory and management skills to spearhead its Next-Generation Laboratory in Louisville, KY.
Eurofins Scientific SA (ERF:EN Paris) is a €1 billion company with laboratories in North and South America, Europe and Asia. As the global leader of analytical testing, offering services in the genomics, pharma, food and environment monitoring markets, Eurofins provides unique career opportunities and competitive salaries for those who join us in our mission to "contribute to global health and safety by providing our customers with high quality laboratory and advisory services".
The Eurofins Genomics division, with US headquarters in Huntsville, AL, offers services and products in DNA Sequencing, Next-Generation Sequencing, Gene Synthesis and Oligo Synthesis to North and South America. Position Title: Laboratory Manager - Next-Generation Sequencing Operations
Working Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States 40204
Required Hours: weekdays - regular shift
Reports to: Business Unit Manager
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Oversees, directs, and prioritizes the daily activities of the laboratory and the assigned staff. Improves lab efficiency and streamlines the operational processes to increase productivity. Leads the validation and implementation of new laboratory processes when necessary. Leads the efforts to design, optimize and validate PCR-based custom targeted enrichment NGS assays. Operates and monitor operation of Illumina Next-Gen sequencing instruments as well as automated liquid handlers and other key lab instrumentation.
Helps to set and monitor key performance indicators to proactively ensure excellence of the operations, especially in the areas of NGS library preparation, DNA Sequencing quality, turnaround time and operational costs. Communicates with customers on technical issues and progress of their projects. Analyses operational problems, identifies solutions, and implement corrective actions. Assures the optimal performance and maintenance of all laboratory equipment. Helps to hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent laboratory staff.
Works together with IT, Marketing, QA and other support groups as part of project teams when assigned by the Unit Manager.
Becomes familiar with Eurofins Quality Management Processes and Procedures to ensure lab operations conform to ISO standard.
- Higher education degree in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of laboratory experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with laboratory management.
- Proven technical expertise on PCR techniques, especially multiplex PCR assays.
- Substantial experience preparing RNA and DNA NGS libraries and operating Illumina NGS instruments.
- Must be willing to work in Louisville, KY and must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Expertise involving downstream applications for next-gen sequencing and NGS data handing.
- Experience performing NGS targeted enrichment.
- Familiarity with liquid handling robots such as Tecan Evo and Agilent Bravo.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Background in a commercial high throughput laboratory environment.
- Work background in quality regulated ISO, GMP and/or CLIA environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Clear competency leading, building and motivating a team.
- Successful multitasking and prioritizing.
- Passion for Genomics.
As part of Eurofins hiring policy, selected job candidates must be willing to submit to a background check and drug test.
Apply here: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LANCASTERLABS&cws=41&rid=1903