Entering edit mode
8.8 years ago
We're pleased to announce that the newest Ensembl release, e76, is out. The new release features:
- The new human genome assembly, GRCh38, from the Genome Reference Consortium.
- A new style regulatory build, where regulatory regions are predicted on the genome as a whole, and their activity is shown in different ENCODE, RoadMap and Blueprint cell lines based on ChIP-Seq data from those projects. Plus we have new easy interfaces to look at the supporting data in these cell lines.
- A brand new BLAST, featuring NCBI BLAST and shiny new easy-to-use interfaces which allow you to save and access previous jobs.
- Updates to the human and mouse gene set, now on GENCODE 20 and M3 respectively.
- Two new species: Amazon molly and Olive baboon.
- New quick and easy ways to BLAST or download sequences, as FASTA or RTF, from any Ensembl sequence page.
Read more about our new release on our blog.
If you'd like to learn more, we're also holding a webinar next Wednesday, 20th August at 4pm BST. You can sign up [here].
Now I just need to update my teaching material and rerun newer projects...
Yup, had to do that too. At least I have access to the test site and can make my stuff up before the releases though!