We're pleased to announce that the newest Ensembl release, e76, is out. The new release features:
- The new human genome assembly, GRCh38, from the Genome Reference Consortium.
- A new style regulatory build, where regulatory regions are predicted on the genome as a whole, and their activity is shown in different ENCODE, RoadMap and Blueprint cell lines based on ChIP-Seq data from those projects. Plus we have new easy interfaces to look at the supporting data in these cell lines.
- A brand new BLAST, featuring NCBI BLAST and shiny new easy-to-use interfaces which allow you to save and access previous jobs.
- Updates to the human and mouse gene set, now on GENCODE 20 and M3 respectively.
- Two new species: Amazon molly and Olive baboon.
- New quick and easy ways to BLAST or download sequences, as FASTA or RTF, from any Ensembl sequence page.
If you'd like to learn more, we're also holding a webinar next Wednesday, 20th August at 4pm BST. You can sign up here.