Google Life Sciences is recruiting a technical lead with experience in bioinformatics and clinical bioinformatics, including for biomarker discovery projects such as the Baseline study.
- Lead teams of scientists in structuring, prototyping, and executing large-scale bioinformatic and other analysis.
- Develop novel bioinformatics, statistical, data processing, pathway, data mining and other algorithms to identify biological signals and their clinical correlates in broad kinds of individual and population data.
- Develop novel platform-level analytical tools for sequence-based assays (assembly, annotation, variant calling and interpretation, phasing, genome structure, etc.), expression assays (RNAseq and microarray), proteomics, and metabolomics.
- Develop statistical models that robustly correlate complex laboratory-derived information with phenotypic and clinical information.
- Create scientifically rigorous visualizations, communications, and presentations of results.