DiscoSnp major update: DiscoSnp becomes DiscoSnp++
Major modifications were made on DiscoSnp these last few weeks. Improvements are the following:
- Thanks to the recoding using the GATB library:
- An even quicker execution speed, and the parallelization of the kissnp2 module.
- An improved progression message
- A unique file for storing the graph. This file (.h5) may be used in any GATB tool.
- DiscoSnp is no more limited to isolated SNP detection:
- Up to P (parameter) close SNPs may be found within a unique bubble
- Insertions and deletions of length lower or equal to D (parameter) are also detected.
Regarding these modifications, and as DiscoSnp is not limited only to SNP prediction anymore, we decided to change also its name.
Thus DiscoSnp becomes DiscoSnp++. The first release version is DiscoSNP++-2.0.0.
Original DiscoSnp paper: Reference-free detection of isolated SNPs
Official DiscoSnp++ page: http://colibread.inria.fr/software/discosnp/
Comments and feedbacks are welcome.