The Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship (RPF) program is aimed at supporting outstanding young scientists focusing on cooperative R&D projects between Roche and international academic institutions. As a Roche Postdoctoral Fellow, you will receive scientific mentoring from both Roche and its academic partners, and gain valuable research experience from both academic and industrial perspectives.
For a pharmaceutical company, identifying key scientific leaders and biotechnology companies based on their scientific record is crucial in order to license technologies, create alliances, hire scientific talent and arrange collaborative research projects. In this position you will:
- Use text and data mining to organize scientific records around authorship
- Design novel and innovative methods to execute comprehensive and in-depth bibliometric analysis of various fields within science
- Annotate and enrich scientific records for key biomedical concepts
- Analyze statistical trends and patterns in scientific production to forecast noteworthy scientific developments linked to specific types of authors
- Publish high quality manuscripts in peer reviewed journals
Who you are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
A PhD in text mining, data mining, natural language processing, computational linguistics, computer science, bioinformatics or related field is required.
- Ability to implement algorithms, particularly in machine learning and other statistical methods
- At least one first author publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Knowledge of biology or chemistry a plus
- Flexible, proactive, creative and detail-oriented
This two-year postdoctoral project will be based at the Roche Innovation Centre Basel, Switzerland and will benefit from the collaboration with a leading academic lab at University of Zurich.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche's largest sites.
Job ID No.: 3108841011
The next step is yours. To apply online for this position visit careers.roche.com
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.