Question: GEOquery Problems to Get GEO dataset
4
gravatar for Shicheng Guo
4.3 years ago by
Shicheng Guo8.3k
Shicheng Guo8.3k wrote:

Hi All,

I am applying your great R package GEOquery to get some GEO data. However, I found the exprs function is not working in my case. Can you give me a help. What’s happened here. Thanks.

library("GEOquery")
GSE52271 <- getGEO("GSE52271")
data <- as.data.frame(exprs(GSE52271[[1]]))
phen <- pData(phenoData(GSE52271[[1]]))

After running it, I found ‘data’ is NULL while phen is right. I don’t know why the data is NULL.

Thanks.

OK. Now, It is clear. Thanks @russhh's reply. For NGS dataset, such exp/meth matrix were not provided as the matrix, in which column is sample,row is gene. However, in the last column of the phen files, the exp/meth download links were provided therefore we can download them one by one and then merge them with some way.

geoquery • 1.9k views
ADD COMMENTlink modified 4.3 years ago • written 4.3 years ago by Shicheng Guo8.3k
4

That s a sequencing expt. I don't think getGEO downloads the data for sequencing experiments, automatically, however, you can use getGEOSuppFiles to download these. HTH

ADD REPLYlink written 4.3 years ago by russhh5.4k
1

>data <- exprs(GSE52271[[1]])

>class(data) [1] "matrix"

>data

 GSM1279516 GSM1279517 GSM1279518 GSM1279519 GSM1279520 GSM1279521
 GSM1279522 GSM1279523 GSM1279524 GSM1279527 GSM1279532

It seems that there are no expression data in first place.

ADD REPLYlink modified 4.3 years ago • written 4.3 years ago by H.Hasani920
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.3.0
Traffic: 1018 users visited in the last hour