If you love Python, want to work in a startup-like environment at the EMBL-EBI* and are interested in drug discovery and/or validation, we are looking for you.
- design, implement and maintain backend micro-services in a cloud environment
- process data pipelines in Python on Unix-based systems
- interact with web developers and UX team to refine and test the interface to the services
- at least three years experience in software development with Python, possibly in a similar role
- working experience in a deployment environment, with source control and managed releases
- proven track record of working on large-scale data analysis projects and understanding the challenges posed by such collaborative projects, including flexibility, tight deadlines, and use of state-of-the-art approaches.
- experience with DevOps
- working knowledge in bioinformatics
- familiarity with REST API, Elasticsearch, Redis, Flask, AngularJS, Docker, CoreOS stack
Salary and benefits:
This is a fixed term position of 3 years, salary grading 6 (monthly salary starting at £2,805 after tax). Check the Overview of pay and benefits for staff members at EMBL-EBI for details on monthly allowances and other benefits for EMBL-EBI staff.
How to apply:
*The European Bioinformatics Institute is based on the Wellcome Genome Campus, set in the beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside. Excellent sports facilities (including a gym and a sports hall), a free shuttle bus, an on-site nursery, cafés and restaurant, and a library are available for all campus members of staff.
Additional information: EMBL-EBI is committed to achieving gender balance and strongly encourages applications from women, who are currently under-represented at all levels. Appointment will be based on merit alone.