We currently have a Postdoc position available at the University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany:
Postdoc Bioinformatics / Systems Cardiology (m/f)
Starting date: 1 February 2017 or later / Duration: Initially 18 months; option of further extension.
The successful applicant will enter a collaborative project focusing on transcriptome-wide approaches to study RBP and ncRNA function in heart disease and remodeling. This project will build on RNA-seq data from animal models (rat, mouse and zebrafish) and patient samples and integrates with publicly available interaction data. Our bio-medical research questions will illuminate gene regulation on the network level in cardiac development, stress and regeneration. The postdoc will work in close collaboration with experimental scientists from the Kurian Lab in Cologne and on-site labs in Heidelberg. The project is partially funded through the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK).
- Elucidate roles of ncRNAs and RBPs across different model systems
- Build and perform network level analyses of gene regulation
- Self-dependent hypothesis generation on function and mechanisms
- Suggest well-informed experiments to internal and external partners
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Systems Biology or closely related areas
- Strong experience in analysis of transcriptome-wide data sets
- Excellent programming skills (at least in one of Python, Perl or JAVA)
- Familiarity with R would be an asset
- Solid background knowledge in RNA biology
What we offer
The Dieterich Lab www.dieterichlab.org) offers a stimulating, diverse and international research environment. The University Hospital Heidelberg is one of the major healthcare centers in Germany. Our objective is the development of innovative diagnostics and therapies as well as their quick implementation for the patient. With about 10,000 employees in more than 50 specialized clinical departments with roughly 1,900 beds, about 66,000 patients in part-time and full-time inpatient treatment as well as 1,000,000 patients in ambulant treatment are medicated each year.
Contact & Application
Applications including all relevant credentials should be sent to (email: in ONE pdf-file):
University Hospital Heidelberg Department of Internal Medicine III Section of Bioinformatics & Systems Cardiology Prof. Dr. rer. nat.Christoph Dieterich Im Neuenheimer Feld 669 69120 Heidelberg firstname.lastname@example.org