The Bioinformatics and Exploratory Data Analysis (BEDA) team in Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development (pRED), Basel, is looking for a senior bioinformatician. The group consists of Bioinformaticians and Biostatisticians with the mission to provide project teams across all Disease Translational Areas with state of the art support in data integration, data analysis and data interpretation.
In this role you will:
- Primarily work in support of the Oncology and Immunology portfolio in performing analyses of high throughput data mostly from Next Generation Sequencing and proteomics experiments (e.g. RNASeq, DNASeq, Single Cell Sequencing, phosphoproteomics) e.g. to understand mode of action of compounds
- Support disease areas with target identification, target assessment and target validation
- Be a key contributor in the translation of pre-clinical and clinical findings into biomarkers of clinical relevance and thereby supporting personalized medicine and safety
- Collaborate with colleagues across pRED groups and departments to identify and deliver the best solution for a given problem of a project.
- Drive and support the implementation of novel technologies as well as bioinformatics tools and algorithms into the pRED research
- Present results in relevant decision bodies
Who you are
- You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- You have a PhD in Bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, informatics or similar field with deep understanding of biology complemented by a minimum of 3 years working in the relevant field either in the industry or university setting (PostDoc).
In addition you have/are:
- Proficiency in R and at least one other programming language (preferably Java or Python)
- Extensive experience in analyzing biological data (e.g. RNASeq and DNASeq data)
- Strong background in molecular biology with a focus on Oncology and / or Immunology
- Ability to work in international teams, demonstrated ability to implement new ideas in a research environment and to drive projects collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Where to apply: