IMB www.imb.de) is a centre for basic research on the campus of Mainz University, Germany. Our research focuses on the biology of the nucleus, ranging from the molecular to the organismic level. Within the IMB Postdoc Programme (IPPro), we are recruiting new postdocs.
What we offer:
- Cutting-edge research projects in a fully international and interdisciplinary environment, with English as our working language
- Support by strong core facilities www.imb.de/core-facilities that provide state-of-the-art services in bioinformatics & AI, cytometry, genomics (e.g. single-cell & small-RNA-Seq), microscopy (e.g. super-resolution & high-throughput confocal imaging), proteomics, protein production, and a full media lab service
- Advanced training in scientific techniques and professional skills
- Active support as your career develops, e.g. with mentorship, successful networking, and acquisition of independent grants
- Fully funded positions
We seek talented and ambitious scientists with an interest in the following areas:
- RNA biology (e.g. small & non-coding RNA, R-loops)
- Telomere biology
- Epigenetic gene regulation
- DNA repair & DNA damage response
- Proteomics & protein quality control
- Systems biology & computational biology
- PhD or MD in a relevant subject
- Demonstrated academic excellence (e.g. publications, grants, awards, research stays at other institutions, etc.)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
If this sounds like you, please see details on the projects offered in this call by visiting www.imb.de/postdocs. This website also provides information on how to apply and an online application form. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: 1 May 2020 or later. The deadline for applications is 9 January 2020. Interviews will take place in Mainz on 23-24 March 2020.
Declaration of consent and data protection By sending us your application, you consent to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/datenschutzerklaerung-data-protection