CRISPR Microbiome Bioinformatician at SNIPR Biome in Copenhagen, Denmark
Are you a skilled bioinformatician in the field of microbiome and/or CRISPR? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team to help SNIPR BIOME develop new medicines?
If yes, you have the opportunity to join SNIPR BIOME in the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen. We have raised 50 M USD series A funding to lead our science and clinical programs (learn more).
Our main goal is to engineer microbiomes using CRISPR technology, to treat a number of serious and life-threatening diseases, such as diabetes, infectious diseases and cancer. The working environment is fun, fast-paced, collaborative, and outcome focused.
We are looking for an experienced bioinformatician with fundamental skills in biological data analysis. The ideal candidate must have significant and proven experience handling next-generation sequencing data, working with large datasets and with excellent interpersonal communication skills, fluent in English, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead human microbiome analyses from next-generation sequencing platforms including genome assembly and annotation.
- Lead structure-function relationship analyses using state-of-the-art tools.
- Querying and mining (public) genomic databases.
- Lead solution finding of statistical- & data-driven research questions across the company.
- Provide bioinformatics expertise in cross-functional projects across the R&D portfolio.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, human microbiome ecology or similar.
- Proven experience handling next-generation sequencing technologies.
- Well-versed in either Python, Perl or R.
- Experience with version control writing helpful documentation and appropriate unit tests.
- Experience with bioinformatics tools and working with high-throughput datasets.
- Prior experience from a biotech/pharma is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Energized by challenging projects at the conceptual forefront of the current state-of-the-art.
- Creative thinker with perseverance in problem solving.
- A proactive team player and an efficient communicator.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
We value developer community participation. If you have active profiles on GitHub or StackExchange, or any significant open-source contributions, please include these details in your CV or cover letter.
What are the benefits?
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance.
Please apply before the 1st of April 2021 at JobIndex here