With great pleasure we announce the 12th International Conference on the Critical Assessment of Massive Data Analysis (CAMDA) in Berlin, Germany, July 19-20, 2013, held as official Satellite Meeting to ISMB/ECCB.
CAMDA focuses on innovative methods to analyze massive data sets from life sciences. Over two days, researchers from bioinformatics, computer sciences, statistics, genetics, molecular biology, and other fields present novel approaches to analyze Big Data.
An essential part of CAMDA is its competitive challenge where big heterogeneous data sets are analyzed and outcomes and methods compared. Academic and industrial researchers worldwide are invited to take the CAMDA challenge, to show their expertise in handling Big Data, and to present their results. Submitted abstracts are selected for oral and poster presentations. As in last years, the prestigious CAMDA prize will be awarded for the best presentation. Selected submissions are published in the CAMDA Proceedings as an open access PubMed indexed special issue of Systems Biomedicine.
You can find additional information about the challenge data sets, submissions, etc. at http://www.camda.info. Some key dates are:
- Abstract submission deadline for oral presentation / 20 May 2013
- Abstract submission deadline for poster presentation / 25 May 2013
- Notification of accepted contributions / 30 May 2013
- Early registration closes / 1 June 2013
As in past years, contest presentations are complemented by high profile keynotes (with recent speakers including Sandrine Dudoit, Mark Gerstein, John Quackenbush, Terry Speed, John Storey, Eran Segal, and others). This year, we are delighted to welcome:
- Atul Butte, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
- Nikolaus Rajewsky, Max-Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
- Jun Wang, Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI), Shenzhen, China
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin!
The organizers and chairs of CAMDA 2013
- Joaquin Dopazo, CIPF, Spain
- Sepp Hochreiter, Johannes Kepler University, Austria
- David Kreil, Boku University, Austria
- Simon Lin, Marshfield Clinic, U.S.A.
- Djork-Arné Clevert, Johannes Kepler University, Austria
Conference website: http://www.camda.info