Industrial Postdoctoral Fellowship to Study Metagenomics of Indoor Air & Environmental Persistence of Antibiotic Resistance Markers
LINK TO APPLY: http://goo.gl/t66Klo
Founded in 1944, MRIGlobal is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs contract research and other services for clients in business, industry and government.
We currently have an opening for an Industrial Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in environmental metagenomics which is available immediately and located in Rockville, MD. The successful candidate will join a team of researchers funded to investigate indoor bioaerosol microbial ecology and metagenomics.
Expected Salary $55k/year + Full Benefits
Principal Accountabilities and Success Factors Research will include studies to
- investigate the temporal changes in indoor air microbial ecology over a 12 month period at multiple sites using both classical microbiology laboratory methods and modern metagenomic next generation sequencing
- investigate the persistence of antibiotic resistance and virulence factors in environmental air samples obtained from indoor environments;
- develop an model of airborne microbial ecology over time in indoor air environments subjected to seasonal variations; and
- develop state of the art bioinformatics pipelines to support all the aforementioned data analysis in a high performance computing environment.
The successful program will improve our understanding of microbial ecology dynamics in indoor building air, the sources, factors and processes involved with development of microbial communities and their implications for human associated communicable diseases.
We aim to attract new talent into MRIGlobal’s existing pool of forward thinking research scientists focused on applied research in biosurveillance and microbial forensics. Appointments will be made for an initial period of 1 year with the possibility of additional extensions.
- A recent Ph.D. and experience in microbiology, as well as next generation sequencing and bioinformatics analysis.
- Applicants MUST be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible to obtain a Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Applicants should attach a curriculum vitae as well as a cover letter describing their research experience and interest. -
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.