Division: Human Genome Sequencing Center.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX.
Salary Range: $53,760 - $54,000.
FLSA Status: Exempt.
Requisition ID: 7039.
You will be working with Fritz J Sedlazeck
This position requires a trained bioinformatician, preferably with experience in programming and method development, genomics and next generation sequencing. The project focuses on enhancing our understanding of Neurological disease based on long read sequencing. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other projects at the HGSC that drive novel discovery in areas of human health and precision medicine in across common and complex diseases.
Performs in-depth sequence analyses on large long-read genomic datasets.
Applies existing/ develop novel bioinformatics software to both well-defined and novel genome analysis problems.
- Researches assess and develop bioinformatics software. Minimum Qualifications.
Desired skills and experience
- A Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Biology, Engineering, Computer Science, or Statistics, experience with next-generation sequencing analysis and bioinformatics tools preferred
- Programming language (python, Java, or C/C++)
- Proficient use of UNIX based operating systems and associated command-line interfaces R programming experience and familiarity with the Bioconductor repository
- A demonstrated ability to create reproducible data analyses
- Experience using version control software
- Excellent communication skills including presenting data to groups, intuitive figure creation, and scientific writing
- A solid understanding of molecular genetics
- Thorough record-keeping for each project
- The ability to translate general biological questions into interpretable statistical or algorithmic procedures
Application link: https://jobs.bcm.edu/job/Houston-Postdoctoral-Associate-Texa/744730100/